Being 100% Italian with family living in Italy, I’ve been fortunate to have been able to visit Florence many times in my life. This trip was extra special because it was our honeymoon and I also was able to visit with family as well.
We stayed in a great 2 bedroom 2 bathroom Airbnb right across the street from Mercato Centrale and a short walk from the main train station. I highly recommend this location as it was a short walk from all the great sights in Florence.
Here is a list of my top 10 reasons to visit Florence.
- It’s the perfect home base in the Tuscany region
- Great and easy to use Train system connecting other cities/towns
- It’s Piazzas (plazas) are beautiful and plentiful
- You can enjoy a beer or glass of wine anywhere
- To experience the “other side” of the Arno
- The Markets (San Lorenzo Market (Leather) and Mercato Centrale (Cheese, Meats, Olive Oil, Etc)
- Panoramic views are everywhere and very accessible
- The history, art and architecture is unique and incredible
- It’s a large city but without the hustle and bustle
- To be surrounded by Italians…need I say more?